Q: What's a cracking interview question to help you recruit the right leader?
Here are ten from my list.
Leaders with adaptive smarts are invaluable.
Everyone already knows the "why did you leave your last job" or "why do you want to join us?" yada yada yada...
So, how could these left-field types of questions help you pick a winner candidate?
1. What would your ideal leader look like?
2. If you were away on holiday and came back to 500 unread emails, how would you prioritise them?
3. What’s the biggest decision you’ve made in the last 12 months? Why was it a big decision?
4. Tell me about a time when you've experimented, failed, and tried again?
5. What would former colleagues say about you (now that they are not here in the room)?
6. How would you describe your relationship to feedback?
7. If I could give you $100k to go off and start your own business, what business would you start?
8. What would constitute a perfect workday for you?
9. Tell me about a successful project you led. How did you make it successful, and what was your biggest stuff up along the way?
10. What is the question you don't want me to ask you?
I'd be interested in hearing from you about your favourite left-field leadership interview questions?
Thanks for reading to here and I hope life's great, Bruce
About Bruce Mullan
I am a Leadership Coach nurturing leadership excellence in health, aged care and NDIS. I integrate leadership strengths, agile disciplines and a coaching mindset to help leaders successfully navigate the growing complexity of our external world.